Happy New Year!
On the last day of 2015 the annual IR’s New Year’s Eve race took place with 1100 runners celebrating the running year.
Conditions were favourable for the season. The temperature was just below zero and although there was some slush on the course it did not slow the runners much down.
The first three runners were:
- Daníel Freyr Garðarsson 33:22
- Michael Wardian (ultrarunner and former treadmill marathon world record holder) 34:40
- Guðni Páll Pálsson 34:49
- Helga Margrét Þrosteinsdóttir 40:20
- Elísabet Margeirsdóttir 41:23
- Arndís Ýr Hafþórsdóttir 41:31